Monday, May 26, 2014

Haul Blog!


 
Hey Everyone!
So I have been doing some shopping lately and wanted to share everything that I have bought with you guys! I always love seeing what other people are buying and trying out so I thought this would be perfect. And I am very excited about it! I went to a few different stores that included Target, Bath & Body Works, The Shoe Company, and Shoppers Drug Mart. Remember I live in Canada so where I live here we don't have any cosmetic stores like Ulta or anything. Just Sephora, Mac, and little boutique stores. Also Shoppers does have a beauty boutique which is stocked full of awesome brands so it has high end and drug store brands! Its wonderful. Also I should probably mention that I do work at Shoppers Drug Mart as a beauty expert in the beauty boutique. So I will admit I do a lot of shopping but I'm not going to include everything in here just what I have recently picked up in one shopping time.  So lets get started!



                               Bath&Body Works
I was most excited for this stop on the shopping trip! I had been waiting to go for a while, actually ever since I used a hand soap at my sisters house. It smelled amazing and I had to have it. So when I went they had a sale one 4 hand soaps for $18 or 7 for $28. Well of course nobody needs 7 hand soaps so I decided to go for 4. Started picking them out and smelling every single one so naturally I ended up getting 7. I tried really hard to resist but what can I say I am an impulse buyer and always will be. So out I walked with 7 hand soaps lol I was actually laughing cause I had no idea where to put them all! I also purchased a whipped shimmer body cream in the scent "mad about you" which is ugh amazing! The only thing I am not to fond about is the fact that its is almost to shimmery for my liking, but it does moisturize very very well! I bought a little hand sanitizer with case as well but that's not very exciting so I don't have a picture to go along with it.
 
Target
So I actually went to Target first but what I got there wasn't as exciting although I did get 3 Nyx products, I was very disappointed with the selection they had and the amount of products they were sold out of. Next time I want to spree on Nyx I will be going to a Rexall because they have a huge Nyx section. Unlike the foot of empty Nyx at Target. Anyway I still got 3 products which insisted of a jumbo eye pencil in the shade 611- Yogurt, a matte eye shadow in the shade -leather and lace, and the product I am most thrilled about the Nyx mega shine lip gloss in the shade-sweetheart. I have tried the jumbo eye pencil and I am not the biggest fan to be honest so Ill probably use it as an highlighter. Haven't tried the matte eye shadow yet but it is very pigmented so I have high hopes. But the lip gloss is to die for. It is the prettiest color I am completely in love with it! It was worth going just for the lip gloss in my opinion. I got a few other things but meh they weren't anything really fun. Except my daughter finally got the movie "Frozen" and we have been watching it since. Can we all just take a moment to thank that movie for being so great!


The Shoe Company


So I just felt the need to share this because I am completely in love with my new purse and wallet. They are both Guess and I just want to continue to stare at it forever! Nothing to exciting for you guys but very exciting for me! Oh and I have never had a matching purse and wallet before so that makes it even more exciting for me. It is huge inside so I'm planning on getting a bigger makeup bag for my purse. Of course right, why wouldn't I. I mostly carry around lip products. Maybe I should do a blog post about what I carry in my bag...any thoughts on that?


Shoppers Drug Mart
I honestly thought I purchased more makeup on this shopping spree but I got shampoo and stuff like that as well. Although I didn't get much cosmetics I was still very excited about it. Especially the Benefit beauty bag. I am in love with it! It is the perfect purse size!
So ill just list the things that I purchased and ill say I love every product already. I finally bought the Philosophy Amazing Grace firming lotion. The smell is pure bliss so I figured why not! Next two things are the Revlon Color Burst lip butters in the colors "Pink lemonade" and "Creamsicle". They are very buttery and glide on nice. Next is the one product I have waited to purchase for months and months then finally I couldn't hold off anymore. Its the Benefit High Brow in the shade "Linen Pink". It is wonderful for that lift effect under the brow. Tried a new concealer which is the Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in the shade "Fair". This product works very well and have got compliments since I started using it (which has only been a few days). Also picked up a Rimmel Scandal Eyes liner in the shade "Brown". I felt a needed a brown liner and this one caught my eye. It glides on smooth so we will see how it wears. I have only used it once and am wearing it as I type this so not sure of the wear of it yet. If you guys wants to know how long it does wear please leave me a comment below.
If you have any questions about these products please don't hesitate to comment below and ask. I will always answer :)



Rexall Drug Store
Now this is usually the last place I go to buy makeup but I sucked it up because they are the only store close to me who carries NYX products and after Target I wanted to purchase more. This wasn't planned and was very much spur of the moment  but I am very very happy I went cause I am in love with their products! I only got 4 products on this trip cause lets just say makeup shopping with a toddler is not the easiest. I ended up getting 2 blushes in the shade "Summer Peach" and "Dusty Rose". They are both very pigmented. I find that summer peach has more sparkles which is nice for those summer days where your not wearing much else. Dusty rose is simply beautiful! I picked up another nude matte shadow in the shade "Birthday Suit" which is a pale pink shade. So pretty! Also wanted to try their eyebrow shaper, which is like a pencil wax. I have to say I am not totally blown away with this product but it does somewhat do its job. Maybe I'm not using it right...Any tips?
All in all I love NYX products and cant wait to get more! Anyone have recommendations of what products I should try? Please comment below!!






Thank you guys so much for reading my blog post! Please don't forget to follow me!
You can also follow me on Instagram @loriwilliamson1990. I will follow back!


All of the pictures were taking with my Samsung Galaxy S4
I purchased all products I talk about myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment