Tuesday, September 9, 2014

All About Mascara!

This post is all about MASCARAS!!
I am only going to be talking about the ones I have tried which include new ones and not so new ones. And I will be letting you guys know my real true feelings about them.
Spoiler Alert! Most of these are drug store because I truly love drug store mascaras!!
I am going to put them by brand so hopefully that will be a little easier for you guys!


Maybelline (My favorite brand for mascaras)
One by one- This has been my ultimate favorite mascara for years. It always has done exactly what I wanedt it to do, which is long length a subtle but noticeable volume. It has a small rubber brush which I really like because it is not messy at all and great for bottom lashes. Always, always recommend this product!
The Rocket- I really enjoyed this product. It has a short thick rubber brush that is perfect for separating lashes and giving both length and volume! I did find it could be a little messy while applying but I still really like it regardless. I do recommend this one as well.
Pumped up(newest Maybelline mascara)- I really did not like this product at all. I found it so messy and the formula and way wetter then I prefer. The brush is bristle and it is very big. Too big in my opinion. Messy and clumpy. Sorry guys but I wouldn't recommend this one.

L'OREAL
Miss Manga- The brush on this is insane! no ones can describe it so I am just going to put up a picture of it. I actually don't mind the brush, I think its pretty cool and does exactly what it says it will. Unfortunately I find this formula very wet and takes to long to dry so I always end up smudging it by accident. I do like this but would only recommend it if you like a wet formula and intense volume.

Voluminous carbon black - I love this mascara! The brush is what I like to think of as a standard bristle brush and it works awesome. I love pairing it with either the miss manga or the rocket mascara. Only complaint I would have is I find sometimes the brush can have more product on it then I would like but I will still repurchase and recommend it.

Smashbox
Full Exposure- Very big bristle brush that is way way to big not to be messy. I disliked everything about this product and ended up giving it away. It was so sloppy and barely did anything to my lashes other then a tiny bit of length. I would not recommend purchasing this product at all, you can find a better one for a way lesser price.

Sample Size Mascaras Will I purchase a full size...or not?
LancĂ´me Hypnose Drama- The brush is like wavy and is bristle so I was skeptical. At first I really liked it but once I used it a few times the brush started to get clumpy and it was not pretty. I don't know if a full size will do that but id rather save my money so sadly I will not purchase a full size.
Makeup Forever Smokey Extravagant- AMAZING! I love this mascara so dearly. The bristle is so great (ill add picture). The length I get it this is incredible and no clumping. The brush is on the bigger side so it can be a little messy but it is so worth it! Definitely will be purchasing full size!
Too Faced Better then Sex- I am glad I got to try this sample size but to be honest I didn't find it really did much for me. I found the brush odd and just not my type of brush that I could use. It ended up just sitting in my mascara drawer and me never reaching for it. I know a lot of people really like this mascara so I would be willing to try it again down the line.





I hope this helps you guys in your search for the right mascara for you! I know that it is a very personal thing and all about preference. If you guys have any questions about the products I mentioned or wondering about tips, please don't hesitate to comment below.

Thank you for reading xoxo
You guys mean so much to me <3

All of these opinions are my own and all products were purchased by me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment